Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I went on a site visit with Sr. Juniper, met the framer. He looked at me sympathetically and said, "It's been rough, huh? But it's coming along now!" It seems that during the issues with the concrete job, the professionals involved thought it was a big disaster. Apparently when the framer first came on the job, he thought it was "snakebitten." I'm really glad I didn't know that at the time. I mean, I knew there were bumps, but I thought that was normal for construction projects. Now I understand why Mr. Builder was so mad, he was worried the concrete company was going to tank the whole project.
Here's what our bedroom looks like right now:



Here's what the backside of a bathroom sink looks like:

Some kinks have come up to work out, like how do we soffit the ductwork in the bedroom, and this drainpipe under the roof:


But that's just normal stuff, all in a day of the life of a designer, right Sr. Juniper? Here are the windows in the front bedroom:

Nice, huh?

Sr. Juniper went to the vacant lot behind ours, and it's nice to see that we'll still have plenty of privacy, even if someone builds there someday. This is looking towards the back of our house, you can just see the corner of the roof and the street:

No comments:

Post a Comment