Monday, May 24, 2010

Yay for More Footings



The day finally came when all the new house footings are in and placed! I mean this is just the house, there's still the garage footings. Anyways - we're thrilled! The spouse and son went to the lot today and took photographs. I'm still boycotting the job during work hours so as to not create a distraction. Maybe?

Actually I've been stalking the site in the off hours waiting to see this day come more than anything. I mean it's great and all to see the intermediate steps of the reinforcing bar getting set and such within the formwork and boards - but come on! I like the concrete! And what's even better is getting news that the framer is going to be starting after Memorial Day!

There's still more concrete work to be done: stem walls and then the cantilever deck....

No comments:

Post a Comment